Monday, November 24, 2008

Week-end Update

Well, the weekend was slow going on Saturday, but Sunday I was up at 5:00 and playing with the dogs. Hubby and I went grocery shopping and I got all the necessities to begin baking for the holidays starting Wednesday. We are going to family’s house for Thanksgiving and we are hosting the corvette club Christmas party soon, and then will need to also bake many items for Christmas gifts and for Christmas dinner as well. So I am going to load up on Diet Mountain Dew until my eyes pop just to stay awake.

We also went to see The Trans Siberian Orchestra concert yesterday afternoon. It was AWESOME! The music is a mix of what should be orchestra music but with a heavy rock accent. The light show is what was so amazing and the strobes were intense. They also had fire and pyrotechnics and it blew me away. As the cost was only $45.00 per ticket, of which they donate $1.00 of every ticket to local charity (Greenville for this concert) it was so worth the money and I am already looking forward to attend again next year. They have a web-site if anyone would like to check them out.

I was up at 4:30 this morning, and was able to play with the dogs, finish some laundry, eat breakfast and get showered and dressed for work. I am now writing this from my desk at work and it is 9:30am and I am already starting on the Diet Mountain Dew, this even after I have consumed about 6 cups of caffeinated coffee and my eye lids are getting sleepy. Where are the old days of the 70’s when you swallowed your speed verses drinking it. Does anyone remember the little black beauties, or the pink hearts, wow, those days are long over, but I am not sure my heart could handle it anyhow these days.

I took the advice of a blogger who left me a comment on a natural vitamin that would help my back pain and it great for what about a dozen things that ail you. The vitamin supplement cost me about $16.00 and I have only been on for two days, told it takes about two weeks to kick in, I will let you know how it is working out.

Well, I have to get back to work before I find my forehead on the keyboard and tying who knows what…that isn’t as bad as who it may be sent to by accident.

No comments: