Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Time to Frolic


I was not having such a great week so far, and today as I awoke, it seemed as if it would be just another day of pain and hurt. I try each day to wake up with a positive felling inside and thoughts in my head, but needless to say, sometimes the positive thinking turns to wishful thinking.


I have wanted to spend some time with Abby in training out back on her commands such as, come and stay. It was finally cool enough out this afternoon, due to cold front and the threat of storms. I finally had the energy to head outside with the fearless foursome, as the rain was yet to arrive. We ended up tossing a ball around and running (they did not me) and having a great playful frolicking time. All were exhausted and Otis was a bit sleepy now because of his “storm pill” so we all went inside for a cool drink and a rest.

My dogs amaze me with something every day, today it was that even thru my pain, they can make me feel needed and alive, even playful and childlike. I would have been curled up in a ball on the couch with my pain pills, but they got me up and grooving and I cannot thank them enough!

1 comment:

~Marie~ said...

Dogs are great family members. They easily make every day brighter.