Sunday, August 14, 2011

Remembering High School

I logged on to that site that lets you reunite with your past school mates from high school and saw that I missed my 28th year reunion, wow bummer. No really, because I remember when I was being a bit…how do I say, rebellious in high school and I was called into my counselor’s office for a chat. He sat me down in a chair across from him and he had all these important papers in front of him and then the speech. “I don’t understand why you are failing in Home Economics?” he said, “from what your mother tells me you love to cook?” I just shrugged my shoulders and said, “Well maybe because they don’t let us cook Italian food.” He looked at me funny and said, “they bake in this class, are you saying you don’t like brownies and cookies and such?” I had to stop myself from laughing and simply said I was not into sweets, if I had answered honestly it would have been more like “Well you see, I have two free periods before my Home Economics class and I leave the grounds with my friends and we smoke a bit, and then we pig out big time on Dunkin Donuts and by the time I get to class I am waaaay to tired to even look at a brownie much less try and pour liquid into a tiny measuring cup and cook one. After a few more exchanges he finally said to me, “now young lady, you need to take high school more seriously, these are the best times of your life.” Whoaaaaa, wait a minute, did he just say this was the best time of my life, what the heck? I live with my parents, I can’t legally drink, my face has more craters than the moon because acne is my middle name, I don’t have a car, I have no money and I’ve never had sex!!! So if this was the best….well then heck, just shoot me now because it can only be down hill from here….

Needless to say my life worked out fine, and I have, much later in life, found the best times of my life with my husband who is the love of life, my 4 legged “children“, and my great friends.

Have a good Sunday everyone….

Happy wagging

No comments: