Wednesday, September 9, 2009
7 Steps to a Happier Pet
The Humane Society of the United Sates, in its constant battle to end animal neglect, cruelty and abuse, encourages all its members to take the following actions in support of animal.
* Make sure your pet wears an identification tag to enable him to be returned to you if lost.
* To prevent animal behavioral problems, make sure you enroll your new puppy or dog in behavioral training classes, and visit www.petsforlife.org.
* Animal behavioral problems can be health related. Make sure your pet has a complete medical exam by a veterinarian at least once a year.
* Prepare for disasters. Make sure you have a plan for your pet in the event of a hurricane, tornado, fire, or flood.
* Plan for your pet's future in case something happens to you and visit humanesociety.org/petsinwills for more information.
* Learn how to avoid dog bites, and how to prevent your dog from biting, by going to www.NoDogBites.org.
* Have a heart, be smart and make sure your pet is spayed or neutered.
Our pets depend on us for their well being, we can't let them down.