Monday, June 4, 2012

" A Dog"

There have been times people tell me, "Hey relax, it is only “A Dog” or "You spend way too much money and time on “A Dog” and you do/did what for “A Dog?”

It is obvious they don't understand. “A Dog” plays many roles in our lives--family member, friend, helper, defender, and from time to time, psychiatrist. Anyone who has ever felt the familiar warm heartbeat at their feet knows that “A Dog” is the embodiment of the meaning of unconditional love and loyalty.

I have spent many hours with just the company of “A Dog” and not once did I ever feel alone or abandoned.

Some of my proudest moments have been with “A Dog” and sadly some of my bottommost moments were likewise spent with “A Dog.” In my days of despair, it was the gentle touch of "A Dog" that provided comfort and determinations to overcome the sadness of the day.

If you too think it’s only “A Dog," you are missing one of the greatest gifts from God; just as special as a shooting star or a sunrise, just as pure as promise should be, and as warm as a mother’s milk to her newborn.

"A Dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "A Dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person and inspirits my soul.

For me, “A Dog” is more than “A Dog”; “A Dog” is the quintessence of all the optimisms and dreams of the future, fond memories of my past, and the pure and simple delight of the moment.

So when people say to me, oh it’s just “A Dog” they have no understanding that it is “A Dog” that brings me hope and gives me humanity, and allows me to be more than just “A Woman” in this world.
...and always remember, Only God loves you more than your dog.

No comments: