Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dog Towel

The picture on today’s blog is a towel dog made by our cruise steward, Windsor.  I was thrilled when I saw it on the third day of our cruise sitting so cute on the bed. Being away from my fur children is an honest heartfelt difficulty for me as they are part of my very soul and when apart, I am only a fragment of myself. God has blessed and delighted me with the honest and pure love of dogs and many animals really, but especially dogs.  There is a distinct irreplaceable bond that opens my heart and penetrates deep within my very soul. The relationship with my dogs is very simple and uncomplicated. I give them love, care, and protection and in return they would give their lives to protect me in the name of devotion and love; this is evident when my dog stares directly into my eyes and holds that gaze. It is said dogs come from wolves, and although true, they have been separated and domesticated for hundreds of years that they really have very little in common with their predecessor, the wolf. A wolf will never ever look you in the eye, but your loyal dog will. What does it mean? There are many professionals that  all have their own explanation for this question after many decades of research and science. They can keep their analysis from their experiments and tests, my dog looks into my eyes for one reason only, love; one-hundred percent pure adoring love between us. Dogs have feelings, they have desires, they give a love that can only come from them, they are an amazing gift from God, and every day I am ever so thankful He gave this precious gift to me, for without it, I do not honestly know who I would be inside, for they are the ones that have been my best friends, my protectors, my cry pillows, my laughter, my joy, my life.

So remember, Only God loves you more than your dog.

** Don’t get all upset, I do love (some) people, especially my husband who is my human everything.

No comments: