Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lying

You know right now I am so upset with something that happened today that I could just scream, and yes it involves someone telling a lie about me to a supervisor! Today I was asked why I had changed something, and I said I didn’t, and for real, I did not change what they were asking me about. Long story short, she said then why is more than one person telling me you did? Hello, first off I would not ask for the change you are implying I made as it would make my job all the more harder, but yet she said, “I am not trying to pick on you, but….” Ugh!!!!

So why is it that people tell lies just to save their own butt? I am not above a white lie, you know the kind you tell when you are asked something from a friend like, “don’t you just love this new recipe I tried?” I may have hated it but they worked hard, so I would say, well I would not consider it my favorite meal, but it is not bad. I am not going to come right out and say it sucks!

But that kind of “white” lie is so different than what happened to me today, and I am not a liar, never have been and never will be. I own up to my mistakes, and admit when I am wrong, and don’t fabricate stories. But there are some that spend their whole lives, telling lies, living lies, and forever wrapped up in the lies they tell over and over again.

The good thing is I will get this lie removed from my name by tomorrow when the supplier comes back in an email stating why the change was made, and it was not by me! So if you are one that lies to save your own butt, you are wrong, and you hurt a lot of people and their reputation, so get over yourself, get the story right, and own up to your own mistakes and don’t drag honest people down with you.

That is all I have to say tonight, except time to unwind with a glass of wine, make dinner, and forget this work day so I can spend a nice quiet evening with my hubby.

2 comments:

coopercreek said...

Keep your head up. The truth will be known. And what goes around comes around.

Irene said...

It's very hard to be the victim of a liar, because there is so much injustice involved. Let's hope it is all cleared up soon and you can breathe easily again and hold your head up proudly.