Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Not a Dress Rehearsal

Reading some of the blogs I follow each day, and no they are not all listed as blogs I follow, I was enlightened. It is very true, and I myself said this in one of my recent blogs “Beyond the Concrete”, there is much good and beauty in the world around us, we just need to take the time to see it, experience it, and most importantly know it is there. Life has a way of getting us down, there are deadlines, grocery and gas price hikes, misc. other bills to pay, war in the world, teachers sleeping their students, and on and on the ugly goes. But stop, look around your world, the leaves are changing for most of us now that fall is here, maybe your new hairdo makes you feel good all over, my dogs alone bring me down to earth each and every day and show me that just breathing, being healthy for the most part, and being with the ones you love is worth more than we appreciate and most of us take this for granted.

I have been telling my husband forever to do as the book says, Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff. So a dish broke, the dog peed on the carpet, the floors need to cleaned, the laundry needs to be done…so does that mean the world must stop and life is ending, NO! The world will go on, and you can be happier if at times you just let things be and do something for yourself, or a friend, or your spouse. The life you are living now is not a dress rehearsal; it is the real deal, so treat it as such. As the saying goes, Live, Love, and Laugh…you will be happier in the long run, and as others say don't take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive.......

2 comments:

coopercreek said...

Yes, that's my saying too. Don't sweat the small stuff. Now if I could just get my husband to do that, my life would be so much easier. He worries about everything.

The Writer said...

HA! Look at that, its contageous!!! Enjoy this fall!

Happy wandering!

The Writer...and her dog, Bear